• Rielly missed over five months in 2011-12 after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament just 18 games into the season; prior to his injury, Rielly was on a point-per-game pace with 18 points (3-15--18). He returned to the Moose Jaw lineup on April 20, 2012 for the start of the WHL Eastern Conference Final against the Edmonton Oil Kings, recording three assists (0-3--3) in five games.
• In 2010-11, he led the Moose Jaw Warriors in rookie scoring and was second among defensemen with 28 points (6-22--28) in 65 games.
• He helped a Canada roster full of top 2012 draft-eligible prospects capture gold at the 2011 Ivan Hlinka Memorial tournament, recording three points (2-1--3) in seven games. At the 2011 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, he helped Team Pacific win a bronze medal recording five points (2-3--5) in six games.
• He captained the Notre Dame Hounds in Wilcox, Saskatchewan during the 2009-10 season. He led all SMAAAHL defensemen in scoring with 55 points (18-37--55), was named the team’s co-MVP and helped lead the team to a gold medal at the 2010 Canadian National Midget Championship. Fellow draft prospects Slater Koekkoek (No. 23 ranked) and Andrew Ryan (No. 109 ranked) were his teammates at Notre Dame.
• Rielly was the co-winner of the 2009 BC Hockey Hall of Fame Minor Hockey Player Achievement Award. The award is handed out annually to a B.C. Amateur Hockey Association player who best exemplifies sportsmanship, leadership, hockey skill, and academic achievement. Past winners include: Edmonton’s first overall draft selection in 2011, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (2008); Washington Capitals’ Karl Alzner (2003); and Phoenix Coyotes’ Gilbert Brule (2002).
• He lists his father, Andy, as the biggest influence on his career and his hockey hero growing up. His father played in the BCHL for the Surrey Eagles in 1974-75.
NHL team: Vancouver Canucks
NHL player: Kris Letang
Goal celebration: “Jersey pull”
Video game: Call of Duty
Movie: The Lion King
TV show: The Big Bang Theory and Entourage
Actor/Actress: Ryan Gosling and Jennifer Aniston
Cartoon: The Road Runner
Pump-up song: ‘Levels (remix)’ by Avicii
Restaurant: Deja Vu in Moose Jaw
Sport (other than hockey): Table tennis and golf