As a thank you to their loyal fans and in celebration of the upcoming NHL season, the Toronto Maple Leafs announced a series of fan appreciation initiatives Thursday, which includes a free ticket for all Maple Leafs Season Seat Holders to Opening Night, Monday, January 21. The team will also giveaway 1,000 tickets through a variety of promotions leading up to the home opener, in addition to the more than 15,000 season seat holders receiving their tickets free of charge. The announcement was made following a free open practice at Air Canada Centre attended by thousands of Leafs Nation fans.
Leafs Alumni will greet fans attending the Home Opener with all attendees receiving a commemorative scarf. Throughout the night, the Maple Leafs will recognize and thank their fans with prizes and giveaways.
“We’re excited to be back on the ice and believe our fans deserve a very special thank you for the time we were away,” said Maple Leafs Senior Vice-President and General Manager David Nonis. “Giving back a game to the fans is the right thing to do and we can’t wait to see Air Canada Centre full of our passionate fans on Monday night.”
Over the next four days, the Maple Leafs’ ‘Blue and White Crew’ will be on the search for fans showing Leafs pride and wearing team apparel. The Blue and White Crew will visit various locations throughout the Greater Toronto Area randomly awarding tickets for the Home Opener to proud members of Leafs Nation. Maple Leafs fans are encouraged to follow the team online at mapleleafs.com, on Twitter @mapleleafs, Facebook and the Leafs Last Minute Club for additional chances to win tickets to the Home Opener.
On Saturday, February 23, the Maple Leafs will invite fans to Air Canada Centre for a free road game viewing party as the team visits the Ottawa Senators. A complimentary meal (choice of hot dog or pizza, popcorn and pop), prizes, giveaways and autograph sessions with Leafs Alumni and the full-Maple Leafs game night experience are what fans can expect.
“Leafs Nation has the greatest fans in the world. These initiatives are designed to thank as many fans as possible for their patience and loyalty and to welcome them back in style,” said Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment President and C.O.O. Tom Anselmi. “By hosting a road game viewing party, it is another way for as many fans as possible to see a game at Air Canada Centre.”
Starting Friday, the city will be coated in a wave of blue and white through a range of community activations as the team gets ready for its Season and Home Openers. Friday will also mark the start of the Leafs Mobile Fanzone’s trek across the city which will see more than 7,000 prizes distributed.
The Leafs will ambush three city rinks previously refurbished by the MLSE Team Up Foundation. The ambushes will feature murals, full rink board graphics, Zamboni wraps, giveaways and appearances/autograph opportunities. The outdoor rink at Nathan Phillips Square will also receive the full Leafs treatment and in celebration of the Home Opener, the Maple Leafs will cover the costs of skate rentals on January 21.
January 18 – 25
- Leafs Mobile Fanzone in the Community – over 7,000 giveaway items including Leafs and Marlies tickets, sweaters, gloves, pucks and hats
- Leafs Nation Rink Dedications – three rinks previously refurbished by the MLSE Team Up Foundation will receive special Toronto Maple Leafs makeovers including full rink boards treatment, graphic murals, zamboni wrap, player and alumni appearances and giveaways
January 18 – 21
- The Blue and White Crew will be distributing opening night tickets to fans proudly wearing their Leafs gear in and around the city
- Nathan Phillips Square rink activation – free skate rentals, ticket giveaways, Leafs alumni and Marlies appearances and a special Leafs treatment for the rink
- Alumni greeting fans and making suite visits
- Free scarf giveaway upon entrance
- Free Coke fountain drinks all game
- ‘Tonight It’s On Us’ – E11even, RSA, RSBG, Air Canada Club, Platinum Club, Hot Stove tabs for randomly selected customers
- 100 Leafs sweaters being given away
|Back to top ↑|