• Rielly missed over five months in 2011-12 after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament just 18 games into the season; prior to his injury, Rielly was on a point-per-game pace with 18 points (3-15--18). He returned to the Moose Jaw lineup on April 20, 2012 for the start of the WHL Eastern Conference Final against the Edmonton Oil Kings, recording three assists (0-3--3) in five games.
• In 2010-11, he led the Moose Jaw Warriors in rookie scoring and was second among defensemen with 28 points (6-22--28) in 65 games.
• He helped a Canada roster full of top 2012 draft-eligible prospects capture gold at the 2011 Ivan Hlinka Memorial tournament, recording three points (2-1--3) in seven games. At the 2011 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, he helped Team Pacific win a bronze medal recording five points (2-3--5) in six games.
• He captained the Notre Dame Hounds in Wilcox, Saskatchewan during the 2009-10 season. He led all SMAAAHL defensemen in scoring with 55 points (18-37--55), was named the team’s co-MVP and helped lead the team to a gold medal at the 2010 Canadian National Midget Championship. Fellow draft prospects Slater Koekkoek (No. 23 ranked) and Andrew Ryan (No. 109 ranked) were his teammates at Notre Dame.
• Rielly was the co-winner of the 2009 BC Hockey Hall of Fame Minor Hockey Player Achievement Award. The award is handed out annually to a B.C. Amateur Hockey Association player who best exemplifies sportsmanship, leadership, hockey skill, and academic achievement. Past winners include: Edmonton’s first overall draft selection in 2011, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (2008); Washington Capitals’ Karl Alzner (2003); and Phoenix Coyotes’ Gilbert Brule (2002).
• He lists his father, Andy, as the biggest influence on his career and his hockey hero growing up. His father played in the BCHL for the Surrey Eagles in 1974-75.”
NHL Central Scouting’s Blair MacDonald
"I've seen Rielly do things on the ice that nobody else was doing. I saw him make those little passes to guys who weren't expecting the puck to get there. He's the type of player who can lead the rush and he'll be the first guy back. I think his creativity makes him one of the top players in the league. He's like a chess player; he's thinking one or two moves ahead. He sees stuff coming that a lot of players don't see."
Call of Duty
The Lion King
The Big Bang Theory and Entourage
Ryan Gosling and Jennifer Aniston
The Road Runner
‘Levels (remix)’ by Avicii
Deja Vu in Moose Jaw
Sport (other than hockey):
Table tennis and golf
||NOTRE DAME HOUNDS